Architectural brothers W & TR Milburn designed the historic theatre in January 1928. Opening in October 1929 as one of the largest theatres in London with a seating capacity of 2835. Continuing to work together over the years Hayles and Howe have enjoyed a long term working relationship with this Grade II listed building. Whenever required the team carried out regular ceiling inspections, restoration and consolidation works . Following the closure of a long standing show In 2014 the Nederlander Organisation decided to undertake extensive restoration of this Neo-Renaissance 1920’s theatre.